Got a lot of work done on these boxes today. Really though I am behind on things so they should have been done today; shellac finish and all. But I still have one more thing to do before I can finish them. I did however put one coat of shellac on them.
Today I started on the slide frames. Here is one with all the pieces.
Laying them out.
Gluing up the frames with some pinch clamps.
Little close up so you can see the rabbet cut to accept the slides.
The frames just need to be cleaned up.
I also got the back door hinged and made a small wood clasp.
After I put a coat of shellac on the box I screwed the poly filter into position.
Here are two side by side with light on and off.
Tomorrow I will screw the frames onto the boxes.